There isn’t any secret on how to monetize your blog. Blogs with or without traffic can be monetized – you just need to know the method. Here are some of the methods that I use to make money online.
(NOTE: Some of the links to specific opportunities are referral links. I do hope that you could refer me when you sign up. Thanks a million to you!)
(NOTE2: This article is FREE. If you want to redistribute it – be my guest. If you want to sell it – be my guest. Just make sure that the link to my page – michaelwoo.net is maintained. Thanks!)
Paid Blogging – my favorite choice
1. PayPerPost – Your blog just needs to be approved by their team (which is rather tedious and time consuming if you are not using WordPress or Blogger) and you can start writing paid posts to make money. Generally advertisers don’t really emphasize on traffic but uses PR as a benchmark.
Here is an estimation on how much you can make with your PR on a paid post:
PR0–4 – $5 to $15
PR5 – $20 to $60
PR6 and above – $100 to $200 or more
You can also earn referral fee of $7.50 to $15 when a new publisher signs up using your referral link. You can sign up for PayPerPost here.
2. Blogsvertise – Another great opportunity but you can’t shop around the market place because there aren’t any. You’ll have to wait for the admin to assign you with a task.
Generally I get paid $5 to $10 on my PR1 to PR4 blog.
3. SponsoredReviews – I love this place. Your blog’s approval is easy and fast. Once approved, just shop around their market place and bid for that specific opportunity. If the advertiser agrees on your price, you’ll get a notification on your email on the job task.
I get paid $3.25 to $65 per blog post on my PR3 and PR4 sites.
You can also earn $5 and up to $175 per referral.
4. PayU2Blog – This is another fantastic place to make money online. Like SponsoredReviews, blog approval is easy. You’ll get tasks assigned to you weekly and normally you have to complete it within a week.
I get paid $5 to $7.50 for a paid post.
5. Smorty – It’s easy to get approval and I face no problems using Smorty.
PR0-4 blogs get paid from $6 to $20 for a blog post
6. ReviewMe – They are expanding. Previously they just focus on selling posts on blogs for a premium fees. Now they have a small market place where you can participate on these opportunities.
You earn 50% of what you have requested for your premium paid post sales, while you can make $5 to $15 for a PR4 blog in their market place.
7. V7N – PR is really important here. They don’t accept free blogs like blogspot, etc. If you have your own domain and some PR you should get jobs from them.
Usually I get paid $10 for a blog post but I heard that someone else got paid $20 for a post. You can negotiate your price with them if you have good PR.
There are other paid blogging opportunities but I don’t really recommend you using them due to various reasons. These are Blogitive, Bloggerwave, BlogToProfit, etc..
Sell Text Link Ads – another easy money maker (by MichaelWoo.net)
1. Text Link Ads – This is one of the best link sellers that I have ever used. PR is required when you submit your blog for approval. Other than that, here are a few tips to get links sold on your site:
i. Place your links on very visible spots – place it high and near your blog posts
ii. Make sure you have a good Page Rank
iii. Huge traffic on your site is also another link seller
My PR4 site is selling links for roughly $12.50 per link each month. TLA takes 50% of the profit. You can also earn a referral fee of $25 for each advertiser or publisher who has successfully signed up.
You can register for Text Link Ads using this link here.
You can also try LinkXL, Text Link Brokers, LinkWorth, Direct Link Ads, LinkAdage, TNX.net or forums like Digital Point to sell links.
Pay Per Click Networks – fire and forget (by MichaelWoo.net).
Another easy money maker – but you’ll need traffic to make it work. Normal click through rates are from 1% to 10%.
1. Adsense – Adsense is the most famous PPC program out there. All you need to do is to register for a free account and install their ads on your site. Just wait for your visitors to click on your ads.
I get paid $0.01 up to $2++ for a single click. There are reports claiming people have gotten up to $60 bucks+ for a single click. You can also earn from referrals which I think is quite lucrative. Rather retyping everything on Google Adsense’s FAQ, here’s a quote on how much you can earn for each type of referral (dated: 1st Nov 2007):
When a publisher who signed up for Google AdSense through your referral first earns US$5 within 180 days of sign-up, you will be credited with US$5.
When that same publisher earns US$100 within 180 days of sign-up and is eligible for payout, you will be credited with an additional US$250.
If in any 180-day period you refer 25 publishers who each earn more than US$100 within 180 days of their respective sign-ups and are all eligible for payout, you will be awarded a US$2,000 bonus (bonus payouts are limited to 1 per year).
Firefox plus Google Toolbar:
When a user you've referred to Firefox plus Google Toolbar runs Firefox for the first time, you'll receive up to US$1 in your account, depending on the user's location. Your referral must be a Windows user, who has not previously installed Firefox, in order for you to receive credit.
When an advertiser you refer first spends US$5 within 90 days of sign-up (in addition to the US$5 sign-up fee) you will be credited with US$5.
When that same advertiser spends US$100 within 90 days of sign-up, you will be credited with an additional US$40.
If in any 180 day period you refer 20 advertisers who each spend more than US$100 within 90 days of their respective sign-ups, you will be awarded a US$600 bonus (bonus payouts are limited to 1 per year).
When a Windows user you've referred to Pack downloads and installs the product, you'll receive up to US$2 in your account.
When a user signs up as a buyer and completes a transaction through Google Checkout of at least US$10 (before tax and shipping) within 90 days of sign-up, you will be credited with US$1.
When a user signs up for Google Apps and there are one or more Google Apps email accounts in use for four consecutive weeks, you will be credited with US$5.”
(end of quote)
You can also try Exoclick (adult links available), Bidvertiser, ADS-Click etc..
Affiliate Networks – huge earning potential (by MichaelWoo.net).
Many people got rich because of affiliate programs.
1. Commission Junction – My current favorite. I sold a couple of web hosting services using my affiliate links and I believe that it’s really easy to earn from it.
You get commissions based on what the affiliate has specified. I got $1+ from single domain sales on GoDaddy and $2 to $110 for a single web hosting sales.
When choosing an affiliate network, make sure there are lots of affiliates on their program – you don’t want to be promoting one or two services only right? Commission Junction has tons of affiliates and you can sell almost everything!
2. Blogkits – Previously I didn’t like what they have to offer, but they managed to revolutionize their system to include different monetization services.
You can now make money
i. When you refer a sales to an affiliate, you earn anything from 5% to 20% or more depending on what the affiliate wants to offer
ii. You can also earn for each click that your visitors click. Current rates offered by affiliates are $0.10 per click but you get to earn up to $3000 or more for each opportunity that you have applied for
You can also try LinkShare, ClickBank, ClixGalore, PayDotCom, Amazon, etc..
Get paid for your articles – sell your articles to article brokers (by MichaelWoo.net)
1. Associated Content – One of the best sites which buys your articles. Simply write anything that you want or get paid more for articles which are on demand. Here are several ways which you can earn from them:
i. I got paid $3 for a simple article while $12 for well written ones. You can also earn up to $20 for well written and high on demand articles.
ii. Earn $3 for each referral who have successfully signed up and have published at least one article.
iii. You get paid for traffic going through your articles. The rates are not disclosed but I get $3 to $5 for a few thousand hits that my articles generate every month.
2. Constant Content – Similar to Associated Content but it functions of different format. You submit your MS Word files on their site and prospective buyers would bid or purchase full rights for your article.
You earn what you have specified for your articles. Eg. $5 for partial rights or $50 for full rights to use the article.
3. Digital Journal – You make a couple of cents each time someone put a ‘positive vote on your article’. I don’t really recommend you to participate here as top monthly earners only make a couple of dollars up to a hundred ($100++ – more or less)
1. Ciao – Earn anything from a few cents (in Great Britain Pound or rather £) to £2++ for each surveys that you have completed. You can also earn a few cents each time someone puts a positive vote the review you wrote on a product for them.
2. You can also try Global Test Market which I haven’t got any results as I’m not from US. I won’t be touching more on this as most of these survey sites want US citizens only.
1. myLot – Earn a few cents (less than one cent exactly) for new posts on their forum. Earn a few more cents whenever someone replies to your post. There’s a referral program which you can participate in as well.
I won’t be touching this further as well because you earn so little from paid forums! It’s not worth to mention about it!
Sell Ads on Your Blog (by MichaelWoo.net)
The real honey pot in monetizing your blog is by selling ads spots on your blog. Here are some good examples of blogs which has high traffic and have advertisers buying up their 125x125 pixels ad spots on their blog:
1. JohnChow.com – $500 to $1000 for an ad spot
2. Problogger.net – not disclosed
3. DoshDosh.com – not disclosed
4. Techcrunch.com – $10,000 for a 125x125 pixel ad spot
5. CashQuests.com – $15 for links, $60 to $80 for ad spots
6. AdesBlog.com – $150 for text links, $250 per paid review, $80 for 468x80 banners
7. Alexa.com (this is not a blog but with similar 125x125 ads) – $15,000 for each square boxes
OR you can use services such as Adbrite, Advertlets, Nuffnang, AdVolcano to help you sell these spots automatically. But you’ll have to pay them a certain percentage of commission for each ads sold.
Make money with PayPal (by MichaelWoo.net)
Yes, you can also make money by referring people to use PayPal. Here are the rates that you earn for each referral that signed up under you:
Quote from PayPal:
“Each time a new merchant signs up for a PayPal Business or Premier account via the link or banner that you provide, you'll be eligible for a Merchant Referral Bonus. Your referral bonus is tied to the amount the merchant receives via PayPal's Website Payment Tools or Send Money.
You'll immediately start earning 0.5% of the new merchant's revenue — up to $1,000.00 USD — for the first 12 months that the merchant has his PayPal account.
Note: The Merchant Referral Bonus program is designed to reward referrals of non-eBay merchants. As a result, payments received for eBay items will not contribute toward the Merchant Referral Bonus.”
(end of quote)
You can sign up for PayPal here.
There are infinite ways to make money online. Those that have been mentioned on this article are definitely money makers which you can use to make money online. Go ahead and try it – Hope you enjoy it!
Cheers and have a great day ahead of you!
PS – If I have missed out something really important do email me at me@michaelwoo dot net or reach me using this 'Contact Me' form. Thanks!
PS2 – Subscribe to my RSS Feed here – Just click on the link!
PS3 – This article is FREE. If you want to redistribute it – be my guest. If you want to sell it – be my guest. Just make sure that the link to my page – michaelwoo.net is maintained. Thanks!
(NOTE: I will be updating this article from time to time with the latest monetization methods. Do keep in touch and visit often! I enjoy your visits :)
If you like my post, do subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks!