Discounts for GoDaddy: Choosing the Right Blogging Platform for Your Blog with Necessary Plugins
Since I’ve covered how to choose your domain names, we should focus on the right blogging platform for your blog. There are tons of blogging platforms out there, each with its own unique feature and functionality.
If you are really serious in blogging and want to get your own web host to host your blog, here is a list of recommended web hosting companies which you can subscribe to:
1. GoDaddy – Web hosting package starts from $3.99 per month and you enjoy discounts up to 30% if you subscribe 1 to 3 years of service. Purchasing a domain name with your hosting plan is only $1.99.
2. 1and1 – Web hosting package starts from $3.99 per month and you get 1 FREE domain name (5 free domain names if you take their 1&1 Developer web hosting plan)
3. BlueHost – $6.95 per month and FREE domain name with your purchase
4. Dot5 hosting – $4.95 per month and FREE domain name with your purchase
5. iPower – $3.95 per month and $6.50 for a domain name
6. LunarPages – $6.95 per month and FREE domain name for life
7. HostMonster –$5.95 per month with FREE domain name
8. Network Solutions – $7.47 per month with FREE domain name. Use this coupon link here to enjoy 10% discount
9. Omnis Network – $5.95 per month with FREE domain name.
10. Web Hosting Pad – $4.95 per month with FREE domain name.
Personally, if you are low on budget and want to try out a web hosting package before making a huge financial commitment, I would recommend subscribing to 2 months of GoDaddy’s Economy plan.
Here’s the workaround:
Min 2 months subscription: $3.99 x 2 months = $7.98 + $1.99 (domain name) + $0.20 (ICANN) = $10.17
**You will still get discounts if you renew 1 to 3 years of web hosting in a single payment
But if you have cash to spare and is dead serious in making money online, then you should definitely subscribe GoDaddy’s Deluxe plan as you can get up to 30% discount. Furthermore, the web hosting package allows you to add unlimited domains into your hosting account (most economy plans only allow you to host 1 domain name).
2 years subscription (**30% discount): $5.19 x 24 months = $124.74 + $1.99 (domain name) + $0.20 (ICANN) = $126.93
**To get 30% discount, first select 1 year subscription for Deluxe plan and add into your cart. When reviewing your shopping cart, check the box for 30% discount for 2 years subscription.
Your paid web host gives you access to free software such as
1. Blogging platforms: WordPress, Joomla, Xoops, Mambo, Serendipity, Geeklog, Nucleus
2. Image hosting platforms: Gallery, Coppermine, 4Images
3. Forum: SMF (Simple Machine Forum)
Choosing the Right Blogging Platform:
Blogs primarily use WordPress as their blogging platform. It’s easy to use and straight to the point. You’ll need to install several plugins to enhance its functionality.
Akismet: Spam filter to keep spam at bay
Google SiteMaps: Creates a sitemap of your site so that search engine spiders can crawl and index your site easily
Adsense-Deluxe: Places Adsense ads into your blog and you can define where the ads will appear
Related Posts: Display related posts that the visitor is currently viewing
Super Archive: A good dynamic archiving system
Gravatars: Display the visitor’s avatar next to the comment
Recent Comments: Display the most recent comment by visitors
Contact Form: People can fill in this form easily to contact you
WP-Database Backup: Backup your WordPress database
This is a very good alternative to WordPress. It has many built-in functions and you can expand its functionality by adding Components, Modules and Mambots which is available for free on Extensions.Joomla.org.
Here’s a simple guideline on how to setup your Joomla blog:
i. JoomSEF: Install this search engine friendly (SEF) component. Your URL for the entire site will be search engine friendly and ends with .html extension.
ii. Install a comment system: Akocomment is free but I would definitely recommend you to download and purchase Azrul’s JomComment as it has Akismet built into the system and it also comes with various features such as the ability to ban certain IP or users from commenting on your blog.
iii. BSQ Site Stats: To keep track of your visitors
iv. Adsense Module from Joomlaspan: Display Adsense ads on your blog
vi. Adsense Mambot: To add Adsense inside your post.
vii. Joomap: Creates a sitemap for Joomla so that search engine spiders can crawl and index your site easily
On the other hand, if you are tight on budget, you can purchase a domain name and point it to your Blogspot URL using the 301 redirect function.
3. Blogger (Blogspot) is yet another powerful blogging platform. This is a great blogging platform for beginners to begin with and it has all the necessary tools to let you monetize it.
Last but not least, if you like my article, subscribe to my RSS feed here. Cheers!
PS Help me Sphinn my article! Click here!
Source of Internet Marketing Information
Nokia N9 Malaysia, Price List, Availability, Date
iPhone 5 Malaysia, Price List, Availability, Date
Perodua Myvi 1.3 Standard SX, 1.3 Standard EZ, 1.3 Premium EZi, 1.3 Elegance SXE, 1.3 Elegance EZE
Local Email Marketing, Market Your Business Through Email
How to Get A Powerful Link From Facebook
How to Dominate Search Engine Ranking, Factors that Influences Your Site Rank
Marketing Automation is Essential in Creating a Successful Internet Marketing Empire
Hiring Freelance Writers to Rewrite Articles, Writing Jobs
How to Take Advantage of Free Internet Marketing in Malaysia
Quick SEO Tips
Tools to Check Valid PageRank (PR)
Why RSS Feed Count is a Huge Scam?
List of Free Online Directories
Good Online Business Requires Excellent Web Hosting Services
How to Attract Money? Basic Law of Attraction
How to Start Your Own Business: Facebook for Small Business?