Tools to Help You Choose the Right Keywords for Your Domain Name
I felt it wasn’t right by not mentioning this – Picking the right keywords for your domain name is crucial! – Especially when you want to target your blog in certain category and also to capture the right traffic from Google.
Keywords play a huge role whenever someone performs a search on Google. For example, Google will rank your site based on a few basic criteria:
1. Your domain name
2. Title of your site/articles
3. Your site’s description/content
4. Anchor text used by other sites linking back to you
5. Your Page Rank and Page Rank of sites linking back to you
6. Meta tags and description
7. Title sizes – H1, H2, H3
Choosing the right domain name to target search engine traffic is really important. A good example is Just Make Money Online, linking to JustMakeMoneyOnline.com – It wasn’t by chance that Google list that site to appear as number 1 in the search result.
Try these keywords:
1. Wealthy Affiliate – WealthyAffiliate.com
2. Affiliate Guide – AffiliateGuide.com
3. Affiliate Programs – AffiliatePrograms.com
4. Social Media – SocialMedia.com, SocialMedia.biz
5. Car Buying Tips – CarBuyingTips.com
If you are having difficulty in selecting the right keyword for your domain name, try using these services which can provide you info on search trends and traffic associated with specific keywords:
2. Keyword Discovery
3. SEO Digger
4. Overture Keyword Selector
5. SEO Book Keyword Tool
7. Digital Point Keyword Suggestion Tool
11. Hitwise Search Intelligence
12. Google Suggest Scraper
13. comScore qSearch
14. AdGooRoo SEM Insight
15. Google Keyword Tool
16. iWebTool Keyword Lookup
On the other hand, use these keyword suggestion tools to help you pick the domain name that you like:
2. Yahoo Small Business Domain Name Search
3. GoDaddy Domain Name Search
4. iWebTool Domain Name Suggestion
(PS – If you are thinking of registering a domain name, I would definitely appreciate it if you could refer me by using my affiliate links found here. Thanks and cheers to you!)
Now be careful using other sites to search for your domain name – I had a bad experience in the past where I wanted to register Online-Secret.com. I tried several web hosting companies’ domain name search function and to my disbelief – one of the web hosts registered the domain name under their company! They practically stole my domain name!
I will focus on how to choose the right web host and blogging platform suitable for you in the next article. Stay tune!
If you like my article, subscribe to my RSS feed here. Thanks!